Well, Happy New Year!

It might be a while before I post pictures again. Our camera broke around the same time as my last blog. Andrew went to Best Buy twice, looking at cameras, and we weren't able to agree on what kind to get. We went back a 3rd and 4th time...and came home with a Wii.

So yes, now we have joined the 21st century. The last video game that I played was my family's old N64...and I wasn't that good at it. I'm not very good at this Wii business, but man, it's fun! My arm is killing me from tennis and boxing, bowling and frisbee golf.

Andrew also got Donkey Kong Country Returns and Mario Galaxy II...which have kept him quite occupied for the last couple days. In fact, one could easily tell from a look at our apartment that we have ceased to function as responsible adults this weekend. I see it as a final hurrah before Andrew starts work and I start student teaching tomorrow. :)

Thank the Lord, Andrew is back on 1st shift, at least for the next 6 months. This means that Andrew and I will be getting up early again and have a similar schedule. Student teaching might be more difficult than a full load of classes (?), but I look forward to the simplified schedule.

For the next few months, this blog might be a bit of a 'Student Teaching Blog'...I want to journal my thoughts and feelings about teaching so that I can look back and see what I've learned. Whether or not that actually happens is a different story.

In other news, I am going sugar-free for the month of January, along with my mom and couple friends. Andrew's made it clear that this is one adventure in which he will NOT be joining me. :) If you'd like to join me, go for it! I had enough sugar in December to make up for three months...

And that's it. Now I'm going to go enjoy the rest of this evening and get everything ready for tomorrow morning...Excel Charter Academy, here I come!





0 comments:

Post a Comment