New day!

This is Andrew.






This is his wardrobe. Notice any patterns?





Today the impossible happened. I found shirts that were NOT vertically striped. See? And Andrew not only liked them, but bought them (and they were on clearance for $7:99!).




In other good news, Andrew and I made two different kinds of lasagna yesterday.
First, Portabello Lasagna with Basil Cream from Rache Ray's 'EveryDay' magazine. I stole the recipe from my mother-in-law. :) Due to the fact that I feel downright pudgy lately, I substituted the whipping cream for fat-free half & half, and I used skim milk to make the garlic sauce. I also used less butter than it called for, and less parmesan. It wasn't as knock-out amazing as I wanted it to be, but I bet with all the called-for fat, it would be better. :D It also needed more seasoning...I'm thinking some rosemary and thyme would do the trick.
If you want the recipe, let me know. :)

Next, we made 'Christmas Lasagna' from Chef John's FoodWishes blog. It was quite excellent! According to the chef, grateable mozerella isn't legit, so we made the treck to J.B. Russos & Sons (a GREAT place to go, anyway :), and got the real stuff. We probably could've gotten it at Meijer, but it was more fun to go to Russos. AND we had a gift card. :)


In my opinion, lasagna is always better the next day. Maybe something to do with the flavors having a chance to meld together? Chili is the same way. But today we thad the 'Christmas' lasagna for lunch and it was way better than yesterday.

And that's all for today. Andrew's making coffee now (in his nicely patterned shirt) and hugging Kitty...which is possibly the most adorable thing ever. Till next time!

~Briana

0 comments:

Post a Comment