Food is one of my favorite things.

Perhaps inspired by the Julie and Julia movie, I decided to blog about my food conquests. Plus, food is so delicious and pretty to look at. :)
Today I made french onion soup...my absolute favorite soup of all time. There's nothing like caramelized onions gently simmered with a dash of sherry wine and homemade beef stock, topped with bubbling gruyere cheese. Mmmmmm.
My recipe came from Foodwishes...a blog that I often frequent for the great recipes. Here's the recipe.

I also made Chicken Bryan, a dish that Andrew and I love to order at Carrabba's, at special occasions. :) We've made it a couple times, and this recipe claims to be the original. It was perfect, but I think that the poster accidently switched measurements. If you make this, be sure to use 1/2 cup of white wine and 6 tbsp of lemon juice, not vice versa as in the recipe.
Mmmm...


(These are photos I found online, not mine. Next time I'll take pictures of my own. :) )

It would've been even better with garlic mashed potatoes, but I didn't have any potatoes left. :(

There you have it.
I think Andrew and I are making lasagna this week, so I'll post our adventure when it happens. :)


~Briana

1 comments:

Amber said...

The chicken bryan sounds amazing! Could I get the recipe you used?

Post a Comment